Top 16 Essential Soft Skills For The Future Of Work – Forbes
As artificial intelligence and robots continue to share work with us, almost every job is going in order to change – and the pace of that change will continue to accelerate as we further enter the fourth industrial revolution.
But with the newest wave of technology, function will become more, not less, human. Workplaces will automate manual, repetitive tasks that can be automated, but people will still become critical for the tasks that will rely on distinctly human skills that computers can’t yet replicate.
The people who will be most successful in the particular workplace of the future will end up being those who cultivate soft skills that relate to how you think, work, and relate to other people.
Here are the top 16 essential soft abilities you should focus on acquiring and improving so you can thrive in the future world of function:
1 . Critical Thinking – The ability to find trustworthy data, and use it to make decisions
2. Judgment and Complex Decision Making – Understanding the wider impact associated with decisions
3. Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Empathy – The ability to be aware of and control your emotions as well as the feelings of others
4. Creativity – The particular ability in order to imagine, dream, and generate new ideas
5. Collaboration plus Teamwork – Integrating and working well with others
6. Interpersonal Communication Skills – Being able to listen, understand, plus convey your ideas
7. Working in Gigs – Navigating the gig economy (the flexible work environment of the future)
8. Adaptability and Flexibility – Having an adaptable mindset and being open to shifts in the workplace
9. Cultural Intelligence plus Diversity Consciousness – Having an awareness of diversity and the fact that workplaces plus societies are becoming more diverse, and being able to connect with other people and work effectively with others from different backgrounds
10. Ethical Awareness – Knowing the ethical implications associated with work and technology upon customers, employees, and other stakeholders (including the environment)
11. Leadership – Excelling in leading groups (at the particular top of an organization, as well as throughout the company)
12. Managing the particular Brand of YOU and Networking – Building relationships, growing your network, and maintaining your online and offline reputation
13. Time Management – Becoming more effective and efficient in how we function
14. Curiosity plus Continuous Learning – Maintaining a growth mindset and ensuring all of us continue to learn and grow, personally plus professionally
15. Embracing and Celebrating Change – Having the ability to accept and manage changes as they come up in the workplace
16. Looking After Yourself – Finding work-life balance and taking care of your own physical plus mental health
Want in order to learn more about how you can prepare yourself to flourish in the particular workplace for the future? Visit my blog or check out my new book, Future Abilities: The 20 Skills and Competencies Everyone Needs to Succeed in a Digital World .