The Top CIO Priorities for 2023 Published in Info-Tech Research … – PR Newswire
CIOs must engage in cross-functional leadership to seize on emerging opportunities while protecting the organization from volatility.
TORONTO , Feb. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ – As the global economy moves closer to a potential downturn, technology leaders are poised to clearly link IT’s value to enterprise value. To support CIOs in defining their tech agenda for 2023, global IT research and advisory firm Info-Tech Research Group has published its annual CIO priorities report for the coming year. The CIO Focal points 2023 report combines insights from the recently released Tech Trends 2023 report to help CIOs find opportunities in volatile times.
“In the Tech Trends 2023 statement, we called on CIOs to think of themselves as chess grandmasters and to view strategy as playing both sides of the board, simultaneously attacking the particular opponent’s king while defending your own, ” explains Principal Study Director Brian Jackson , the lead analyst with regard to the record. “Our CIO Priorities 2023 report will certainly continue with that metaphor as we reflect on IT’s capability to respond to trends. ”
In examining the different capabilities that CIOs will require to be successful in the 12 months ahead, the CIO Focal points 2023 review states that will the traditionally siloed see of IT will no longer be sufficient. Like a chess player who uses all their pieces in order to win the game, the firm advises that the CIO must use all the resources at their disposal while keeping the big picture within mind. Unlike functional leaders who only focus upon specific areas and only see their next move, because the head of the particular organization with a complete view of all the pieces, the CIO must have full awareness of the board state plus make decisions accordingly.
“If the particular annual technology trends report is a study of the table state that CIOs are usually playing with, the priorities report is about what move they should make next, inch adds Knutson. “CIOs should consider all of the pieces available and determine which ones they can afford to use to seize on opportunity. Other pieces are best used by staying put to defend their position. ”
The CIO Priorities 2023 statement is informed by internal collaboration sessions, external interviews with CIOs and subject matter experts, as well as Info-Tech’s primary research, which draws upon data from several different surveys and diagnostic benchmarks. The firm’s Tech Styles 2023 survey and upcoming State associated with Hybrid Work in THIS: A Trend Report explain the externalities faced by organizations within the year ahead, highlighting the particular opportunities plus risks that will organizations face. Executive management must determine if they may respond and how in order to do so, plus CIOs then determine how to support those responses simply by creating or improving their own IT capabilities.
Based on the study and data, the following five priorities are the initiatives that Info-Tech recommends can deliver worth across the most in-demand abilities in 2023. These priorities are exactly what should be top of mind for CIOs and tech leaders over the coming months:
- Adjust IT Operations to Manage for Inflation. According to the business survey information, two-thirds of IT professionals expect their particular budgets to increase in 2023, but some of these increases may not keep up along with inflation. CIOs must recognize the relative impact associated with higher inflation on IT’s spending power and adjust accordingly, as an increase of less than 6. 5% in 2023 would effectively be a flat budget or even a decrease.
- Prepare Data Pipelines to Train AI. Info-Tech’s survey data shows that just over one-third of IT professionals said their business has already invested in AI or machine learning. Within 2023, AI will become the second most popular technology regarding investment, behind cloud computing, and is the fastest-growing technologies for new investment. Organizations will have in order to work to adopt AI-enhanced products and services to stay even with the competition plus meet customer expectations. CIOs can help create a competitive advantage by building a data pipeline capable of training custom AI models based upon their organization’s unique information sets.
- Go All In on Zero-Trust Security. A zero-trust security framework is becoming necessary for organizations intended for various reasons, such since securing wider network footprints, identifying users external in order to the firewall, maintaining compliance with governmental or privacy-focused regulations, and ensuring supply chain protection. According to the document, IT professionals are moderately confident that they can meet new government legislation regarding cybersecurity requirements, along with most ranking their confidence as 3 or 4 out associated with 5. CIOs must adopt zero-trust architecture from an organizational risk management perspective as the particular new safety paradigm across their THIS stack.
- Engage Employees in the Digital Age. The particular pandemic’s disruption has caused a long-lasting and likely permanent shift toward hybrid work, with most employees splitting time between the office plus working remotely or working remotely full-time. With 90% of organizations embracing a few form of hybrid work, IT leaders have an opportunity to change from coping with the brand new work reality to finding opportunities to improve productivity. CIOs must guide a strong culture through digital means to succeed in engaging the particular hybrid workforce.
- Shape the IT Organization to Improve Customer Experience. The pandemic motivated businesses to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and focus on the client experience. Now, organizations are usually shifting their focus in order to extracting value from their investments and executing on their electronic transformation plans to realize the vision these people set out to achieve. Within 2023, CIOs will certainly need to tightly align the THIS department along with the company value chain from the customer viewpoint.
The CIO Focal points 2023 report also includes insights in the form of case studies through technology experts at companies such as Western University of Health Sciences , Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE), and McDonald’s Germany , to name a few.
Download and read the full CIO Priorities 2023 report, plus register to get the forthcoming webinar in order to learn more about each priority pertaining to the yr ahead.
To learn more about Info-Tech Research Team, visit infotech. com and connect via LinkedIn and Twitter .
About Info-Tech Research Group
Info-Tech Research Team is one of the world’s leading information technology research plus advisory firms, proudly serving over 30, 000 IT professionals. The particular company produces unbiased and highly relevant research to help CIOs and IT leaders create strategic, timely, and well-informed decisions. For 25 years, Info-Tech has partnered closely with IT teams to provide them with everything they need, from actionable tools to analyst guidance, ensuring they will deliver measurable results meant for their agencies.
Media experts can register for unrestricted access to research throughout IT, HR, and software and more than 200 THIS and Industry analysts through the ITRG Media Insiders Program. To gain access, contact [email protected] .
SOURCE Info-Tech Research Group