As the head of IT, CIOs are the IT leaders responsible for engineering the trust necessary in today’s connected world. By incorporating the latest top technology trends strategically, CIOs can help an organization grow faster, improve efficiency and be more successful.
In the following article, we shall discuss the trends that work together to help CIOs meet their business goals for 2022.
Digital businesses require a resilient and efficient IT foundation to scale cost-efficiently. Here are four trends that IT leaders can adopt to engineer trust.
- Data fabric – Data fabric can learn what data is being used and make recommendations for more, different, and better data. By 2024, data fabric deployments are expected to increase data utilization efficiency by 4 times.
- Cybersecurity mesh – A cybersecurity mesh architecture provides a composable and scalable security approach based on identity. By 2024, organizations that adopt a cybersecurity mesh architecture would bring down the financial impact of individual security incidents by an average of 90%.
- Privacy-enhancing computation – By using privacy-enhancing computation (PEC), data can be shared across ecosystems while preserving privacy. By 2025, 60% of large organizations are expected to use one or more PEC techniques in analytics, business intelligence, or cloud computing.
- Cloud native platforms – By 2025, cloud-native platforms will serve as the foundation for more than 95% of new digital initiatives, thereby reducing dependencies on infrastructure.
Fusion teams drive innovation to rapidly digitize the business.
The latest trends show that IT leaders must provide the tools that enable fusion teams to sculpt the change.
- Composable application – By 2024, traditional SaaS and custom applications will be rendered “legacy”. The new SaaS and custom applications will be “composable API-first or API-only”. Composable applications comprise packaged-business capabilities (PBCs) that create reusable modules which the fusion teams can assemble themselves to rapidly create applications and reduce the time to market.
- Decision intelligence – Fusion teams can manage, evaluate and improve decisions based on learnings and feedback with the help of data, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI). By 2023, analysts in more than 33% of organizations will practice decision intelligence.
- Hyperautomation – By 2024, spending on diffuse hyper-automation that uses multiple technologies, tools and platforms like Robotic Process Automation (RPA), low-code platforms, and process mining tools will drive up the total cost of ownership 40-fold. This will make adaptive governance a differentiating factor in corporate performance.
- AI Engineering – By 2025, 10% of enterprises practicing the AI engineering best practices will generate at least thrice more value from their AI efforts than the remaining 90% of enterprises that do not.
Technology trends that accelerate growth
Here are the trends that will enable CIOs to win the business and the market share.
- Distributed enterprise – As a result of increasing remote work culture and changing consumer behavior, by 2023, 75% of organizations that exploit distributed enterprise benefits will be able to grow their revenue 25% faster than competitors.
- Total experience – By 2026, 60% of large enterprises will use total experience that unifies customer experience, user experience, employee experience, and multi-experience to transform their business models to achieve world-class customer and employee advocacy levels.
- Autonomic systems – By 2024, 20% of organizations selling autonomic systems that are capable of dynamically modifying their algorithms without software updates, will require customers to give up security provisions related to learned behavior of their products.
- Generative AI – By 2025, generative AI which can be an engine of rapid innovation for enterprises will account for 10% of all data produced.