New Innovations, New Opportunities: Harnessing Developing Technology Trends – Conduit Street – Conduit Street
New technologies offer more opportunities for efficient and effective service delivery, better policy decisions, and more!
New technology can translate into more effective and efficient public services. Jurisdictions that adopt these new tools often see reduced costs and happier communities. But navigating what works and what to possibly implement can be daunting. MACo’s New Innovations = Brand new Opportunities panel looks at both the public and private sectors for new developments that can help improve local governments.
Description: The world of technology is quickly evolving, and with it, how government does business. From paying property taxes along with bitcoin, to implementing a password-free security strategy, county governments should be focusing on current tech trends and the challenges and opportunities they create. Join this session to hear leading experts discuss technology innovations plus how they can improve government operations.
- Jennifer Heflin, Managing Directo, Accenture
- John Evans, Chief Technologies Advisor, World Wide Technology
- Hugh Miller, Executive Government Advisor, Amazon Web Services
- Caroline Goodbody, Director of Product Strategy and Marketing, Comcast Smart Solutions
- Michael Matthews, Legislative Movie director – Community, Economic, & Workforce Dev, National Association of Counties
Moderator: Delegate Julian Ivey
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 17, 2022; 2: 30 pm – 3: thirty pm