Dawn Foods Debuts New Global Bakery Trends and Transformational Donut Glaze Technology at IBIE – PR Newswire
Global bakery manufacturer and ingredients distributor unveils new consumer trends report plus patent-pending non-sticky donut glaze
JACKSON, Mich. , Sept. 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Global bakery manufacturer and ingredients supplier Dawn Foods ., today unveiled its new Worldwide Bakery Styles Report plus announced the latest product innovation, Daybreak Exceptional Pak Perfect™ Non-Sticky Glaze at the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE).
“Our new Worldwide Trends report and donut glaze are the latest examples of Dawn’s commitment to providing industry-leading insights, high-quality products and innovative solutions to our customers, ” said Carrie Jones-Barber , CEO of Start Foods. “These offerings provide a greater understanding of consumer wants and needs and drive efficiencies for our customers. Dawn continues to inspire brand new ideas and fresh thinking to help bakeries succeed every day, and we look forward to demonstrating our industry leadership in IBIE. ”
What’s Trending: Tendencies & Insights Impacting the Bakery Landscape
For the particular past three years, Dawn Foods’ Global Market Research & Information teams researched the most significant changes in consumer behavior, including fielding a global study to create first-of-its-kind proprietary research. The team interviewed more than 3, 000 consumers plus visited hundreds of bakeries, grocery stores and food service establishments globally in order to observe how these styles come to life.
Dawn’s 2023 Global Trends include:
- Technology Transformation : Technology has forever changed the consumer eating experience, transforming how we choose, receive and consume food – whether it be via touch screen ordering or sharing meals experiences virtually. This trend will only accelerate in the years to come – 57% of global consumers* plan to order more foods online in 2023 compared to they have previously.
- Experience Exploration : Consumers seek foods that not only enhance their nostalgic memories but incorporate fresh and new flavor experiences from other cultures. For example , while 56% of global consumers* have tried American baked goods – like chocolate chip cookies and apple pie – 30% associated with consumers* actively plan to try traditional African baked goods.
- Daily Delights : Tied to the growing importance of mental wellness, consumers are finding ways to bring moments of joy into their daily routine with smaller-sized, high-quality sweet treats. This trend will continue within the years in order to come – 77% associated with global consumers* will continue eating sweet baked products regularly moving forward.
- Mindfulness Matters : Acutely aware of how their choices affect their personal health, their own community and their planet, consumers are usually looking for authenticity and want to make a positive impact on the world. When it comes to the environment, 71% of global consumers* are willing to pay a premium for fairly sweet baked items that are made sustainably.
Innovative Pak Perfect Non-Sticky Donut Glaze Delivers Breakthrough Solution for Bakers
Showcased at Daybreak Foods’ IBIE booth #1601, the patent-pending glaze technology allows for packaged yeast-raised donuts to stay non-sticky for up to five days.
“Dawn’s latest donut innovation provides grocers plus manufacturers with a solution that keeps yeast-raised donuts looking great while staying fresh, longer, ” stated Roja Ergun , Director of R& D Wet Ingredients, Start Foods North America. “Our brand new donut glaze over remains intact, non-sticky and greatly reduces waste plus assists with the labor requirements of bakeries. ”
Consumer feedback has also been positive—through Dawn Sensory Testing, 66% associated with consumers** noted they prefer Pak Ideal yeast-raised donuts over traditional glazed donuts.
Daybreak Executives and Experts Take the Stage from IBIE
At IBIE, Dawn executives and team members will also participate in multiple panels, events and education sessions throughout the show, including:
- Sarah Hickey , Senior Movie director of Ideas & Researching the market: Fresh out of the Oven: Dawn’s latest trends plus insights impacting the bakery landscape. ( Saturday, Sept. seventeen – 1: 30-2: 30 p. m. PST and Tuesday, Sept. 20 – 9: 45-10: 45 a. m. PST ).
- Alexis Gilbert , Senior Director, Worldwide Brand plus Communications: Breaking Through the Digital Noise – Strategies, Tactics and Tools to Get Your Bakery Noticed Online. ( Sunday, Sept. 17 – 2: 45-3: 45 p. meters. PST plus Sunday, September. 18 – 9: 45-10: 45 the. m. PST )
- Paul Caske , Vice President, National Technical Sales and Randy McArthur , Technical Sales Representative : Tips plus Tricks for Better Efficiency at Your Bakery. ( Sunday, Sept. 18 – 8: 30-9: thirty a. m. PST )
- Felisa Stockwell , Vice President, Global People and Culture : How to Start Building your Diversity Initiative: Best Practices from Industry Peers . ( Monday, Sept. 19 – 11 a. m. – noon PST )
- Dawn Food items, alongside The particular Society associated with Bakery Women, will host ‘ Donuts along with Dawn , ‘ the women’s networking event upon Tuesday, Sept. 20 , through 9-9: forty five a. m. PST at Start Foods booth #1601, with Carrie Jones-Barber , TOP DOG of Dawn Foods speaking.
To learn more about Dawn’s four new global developments, or to learn more about Dawn’s donut glaze innovation , stop by the particular Dawn Meals IBIE Booth #1601 or even visit DawnFoods. com/Trends .
*Source: Dawn Foods 2023 Global Trends Study
**Source: Daybreak Sensory Screening, 2021. Customers evaluated Start Exceptional® Pak Perfect TM Donut Glaze over and Dawn
Exceptional® Medium-Thick Donut Glaze after 48 hours in a clamshell. N=101
About Daybreak Food Products, Inc.
Start Foods is a worldwide leader in bakery manufacturing and ingredients distribution. For more than 100 years, Dawn has been the partner of choice for inspiring bakery success every day and is committed to delighting its customers around the world with the partnership, information, innovations, bakery companies expertise that empowers them to achieve their aspirations. Headquartered inside Jackson, Michigan , Dawn Foods has more than 4, 500 Team Members globally and provides high-quality bakery products to more than 50, 000 customers located in more compared to 100 countries. For more information regarding the company, its items and culture, please visit www.dawnfoods.com.
SOURCE Dawn Food Products, Inc.