Dawn Foods debuts new Global Bakery Trends and transformational donut glaze technology at IBIE – Bake
Worldwide bakery manufacturer and ingredients distributor Daybreak Foods has unveiled its new Global Bakery Styles Report and announced the latest product innovation, Start Exceptional Pak Perfect™ Non-Sticky Glaze at the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE).
“Our new Worldwide Trends report and donut glaze are the latest examples of Dawn’s commitment to provide industry-leading insights, high-quality products, and innovative solutions to our customers, ” says Carrie Jones-Barber, chief executive officer of Dawn Foods. “These offerings offer a greater understanding of consumer wants and needs and drive efficiencies for our customers. Dawn continues to inspire new ideas plus fresh thinking to help bakeries succeed every day, and we look forward to demonstrating our own industry leadership at IBIE. ”
For the past three years, Dawn Foods’ Global Market Research & Insights teams researched the most significant changes in consumer behavior, including fielding a global study to create first-of-its-kind proprietary research. The team interviewed more than 3, 000 consumers plus visited hundreds of bakeries, grocery stores and food service establishments globally to observe how these trends come to life.
Dawn’s 2023 Global Developments include:
- Technology Transformation: Technologies has forever changed the consumer eating experience, transforming how we choose, receive, and consume food – whether it be via touch screen ordering or sharing meals experiences virtually. This trend will only accelerate in the many years to come – 57% of global consumers* plan to order more foods online inside 2023 than they have previously.
- Experience Exploration: Consumers seek foods that not only enhance their nostalgic memories but incorporate fresh and new flavor experiences from other cultures. For example, while 56% of worldwide consumers* have tried American baked goods – like chocolate chip cookies plus apple pie – 30% of consumers* actively strategy to try traditional African baked products.
- Daily Delights: Tied in order to the growing importance of mental wellness, consumers are finding ways to bring moments of joy into their daily routine with smaller-sized, high-quality sweet treats. This trend will continue within the yrs to come – 77% of global consumers* will continue eating sweet baked goods regularly moving forward.
- Mindfulness Matters: Acutely aware of how their choices affect their own personal health, their community and their particular planet, consumers are looking with regard to authenticity and want in order to make a positive impact on the world. When it comes to the environment, 71% associated with global consumers* are willing to pay a premium regarding sweet cooked goods that are made sustainably.
Innovative Pak Perfect Non-Sticky Donut Glaze Delivers Breakthrough Solution for Bakers
Showcased at Daybreak Foods’ IBIE booth #1601, the patent-pending glaze technology allows intended for packaged yeast-raised donuts to stay non-sticky for up to five days.
“Dawn’s latest donut innovation provides grocers plus manufacturers with a solution that will keeps yeast-raised donuts looking great while staying fresh, longer, ” says Roja Ergun, director of R& D Wet Ingredients, Start Foods North America. “Our new donut glaze over remains intact, non-sticky, and greatly reduces waste plus assists with the labor requirements of bakeries. ”
Consumer feedback has also been positive—through Dawn Sensory Testing, 66% of consumers noted they prefer Pak Perfect yeast-raised donuts over traditional glazed donuts.
Dawn Executives and Experts Take the particular Stage in IBIE
At IBIE, Dawn executives and group members will also participate in multiple panels, events and education sessions throughout the show, including:
- Sarah Hickey, Senior Director of Insights & Marketplace Research: Fresh out of the Oven: Dawn’s latest trends plus insights impacting the bakery landscape. (Saturday, Sept. 17 – 1: 30-2: 30 p. m. PST and Tuesday, Sept. 20 – 9: 45-10: 45 a. m. PST).
- Alexis Gilbert, Senior Movie director, Global Brand and Communications: Breaking Through the Digital Noise – Strategies, Tactics plus Tools to Get Your Bakery Noticed Online. (Saturday, Sept. seventeen – 2: 45-3: 45 p. meters. PST and Sunday, September. 18 – 9: 45-10: 45 the. m. PST)
- Paul Caske, Vice President, National Technical Sales plus Randy McArthur, Technical Sales Representative: Tips and Tricks for Better Efficiency at Your Bakery. (Sunday, Sept. 18 – 8: 30-9: thirty a. michael. PST)
- Felisa Stockwell, Vice President, Global People and Culture: How to Start Building your Diversity Initiative: Best Practices from Industry Peers. (Monday, Sept. 19 – 11 a. m. – noon PST)
- Daybreak Foods, alongside The Society of Bakery Women, will certainly host ‘Donuts with Start, ’ a women’s networking event on Tuesday, Sept. 20, through 9-9: forty five a. meters. PST from Dawn Foods booth #1601, with Carrie Jones-Barber, CEO of Dawn Foods speaking.