7 Tech Trends to Look Out for in 2023 By Maryam Na’Allah Umar Baba – Economic Confidential
By Maryam Na’Allah Umar Baba
The year 2022 is drawing to a close, leaving us to wonder what the future holds with regard to us. Several technological advancements have occurred in the past few years, including the particular introduction of 5G and the Internet of Things, and a number of other ground-breaking innovations were developed during the Covid era, particularly in the field of information technology. Examples of such technologies: A few associated with these include online shopping, robot deliveries, digital plus contactless payments, and telehealth services.
The significant role that technologies has played throughout history is in the advancement of artificial intelligence, its development, and its emergence and improvement
In my capacity as a technology enthusiast and a writer, I cannot help but question what modern technology innovations will emerge in the particular future that will enhance and enhance our current capabilities in the future. In light of this, here are seven technology trends that may or may not influence 2023.
1. From smart assistants like Siri to marketing chatbots, artificial intelligence has continued to evolve plus develop since its introduction. The use of synthetic intelligence offers proven in order to be quite useful and useful within the collection of data that are too large regarding humans to oversee. Through a futuristic point associated with view, AI still has a long way to go in improving life quality, augmenting work forces, and, more importantly, in generating new forms of entertainment plus business.
2. Blockchain technology: Currently used primarily in the financial sector, it is expected to be applied in other sectors in the future this kind of as healthcare, government, and education. Blockchain may also be used to store non-financial information, like medical records, with the assistance of artificial intelligence. Providing healthcare in this manner could improve the security plus reliability associated with delivery while making it more affordable as well. The application of blockchain technologies has the particular potential in order to revolutionize the way within which we view digital ownership and fuel the boom among consumers. A number of blockchain advancement companies in Nigeria, including Mobirevo plus Intelia, have already incorporated them into their systems.
3. Metaverse (Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality): This consists of both virtual plus augmented reality, or AR/VR. Virtual reality is currently a prominent part of the particular gaming industry, but it is likely to have the significant impact on other industries as well. The health care industry, education and transportation, architecture, and engineering to name a few. As VR and AR develop, they will have the potential to reshape organizations and even blur the lines between virtual plus real environments. There may be a better method for holding meetings than Zoom meeting through virtual or even augmented fact. An example of this type of future can be seen in the particular first few minutes of the 2014 film ‘The Kingsman’. Additionally, Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies are expected to become a lot more accessible by 2023 due to a reduction in their prices. These technologies would not only be used within the entertainment business but furthermore in the business plus educational industries.
4. Wifi-6 and 5G: By introducing this technology, we can expect to see a meaningful change in how Wi-Fi is used for the better within the long term, as it can theoretically provide faster speeds when compared along with the previous generation of WiFi. It is capable of reaching speeds of up to 9. 6 Gbps via its wireless connection. Affordability is also anticipated to become a factor in its development. 5G and Wi-Fi 6 have been designed to work together seamlessly, and the wireless industry appears to be headed towards a future in which devices can roam securely plus seamlessly across all types of wireless networks
5. Implantation of bionic ears: sometimes referred to as cochlear implants, these implants are usually currently used by adults and are anticipated in order to be used simply by children inside the near future. The particular implementation of bionic ears is expected to take place by 2023. Aside from providing hearing aids, it is anticipated that the implant will enable hearing impaired individuals to use headphones and some other listening products more easily. Hearing aid implants would undoubtedly prove to be an effective means of reducing the particular stigma associated with those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
6. In recent years, the importance of sustainability has become increasingly apparent in our world. Energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies are a priority across all industries. For a long time, technological advancements possess enabled higher levels associated with productivity plus efficiency. The use of renewable energy sources such as solar power has reduced the cost of electricity for those who use it and provides been beneficial for the environment. As all of us move forward, this is imperative to location sustainable systems in the spotlight in order in order to ensure environmentally sustainable employment.
7. Quantum computing: According to Mckinsey, Quantum processing, ‘is a good emerging technologies that uses the laws of quantum mechanics to produce exponentially higher performance for certain types of calculations, offers the possibility of major breakthroughs throughout sectors’. There is a possibility that quantum computing may play a decisive role in the solution from the climate crisis. Certainly, the technology that will global companies and governments could make use of
As technology continues to evolve in ways that are beyond our comprehension, we cannot yet determine the limit of its application. Moreover, it is interesting to note that this current industrial revolution we are experiencing has produced a wide range of advanced technologies that have had a profound effect upon several industries within our world and they are continuing to do so.
Finally, as change is constant and time waits for no one, in order for Nigeria to benefit from these styles, national associations such because Nigeria VRARA, NCAIR, plus even the Nigerian government should take advantage of them. Specifically, the Nigerian government would benefit from this initiative since it could pave the particular way for more accessible and affordable schooling for the troubled education and learning system.
Maryam Na-Allah Umar Baba writes from Wuye District Abuja